Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fall Into Autumn: Upcoming TV and Movies

Hello Internet friends! Hope everyone is well! Today's post is going to be all about fall television and movies! I'm quite the TV and movie fanatic and am looking forward to quite a few new TV series and movies. This season's TV shows definitely have a theme around them... crime. Lol. I love me some crime shows! I'm super excited for all the TV and movies that are going to be premiering in the upcoming months! So without further adieu let's get into it! 

1) Gotham 


Batman is probably one of my favorite superheros. I love all of the Dark Knight movies.  I love the contrast of him, the good and bad, dark and light. So when I heard they were making a TV show centered around before Batman became Batman and the background of Detective Gordon and Gotham you can bet that I am gonna tune in to watch! Ben Mckenzie (aka Ryan Atwood from The O.C. aka one of my adolescent crushes) stars as the young Detective Gordon. Ben Mckenzie starring in this may also be contributing factor to me tuning in.... If you'd like to see the trailer and see the gorgeous Ben click here to watch! Gotham premiered on Monday, September 22 at 8/7c on FOX! 

2) State of Affairs 


So this isn't necessarily crime but it kinda fits into the category. While I'm not an avid fan of politics I am intrigued by this show. It follows Charlie Tucker, played by Katherine Heigl, an CIA analyst who's job it is to assemble and present the President's Daily Briefing. I am a Katherine Heigl fan as I've been following her since she starred in Grey's Anatomy. (Izzie will always be one of my favorite characters she played) This definitely is an action/ drama show and I'm excited to see how they will play it out. Click here to watch the trailer! State of Affairs airs on Monday, November 17th at 10/9 c on NBC! It's one of the later airing shows but I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

3) How to Get Away with Murder


I saw this trailer and was HOOKED the first 10 seconds in. I finished watching the trailer, which you can watch here, and had goosebumps and my heart racing. If you're unsure about watching it I'll give you 5 reasons why you should. 1) this show looked amazing, 2) the main guy in it is super attractive, 3) Shonda Rimes created it, 4) Viola Davis plays the badass, teacher/lawyer, 5) it has to do with crime and law. Literally all of my favorite things about a TV show all rolled up into one. I am beyond excited to watch this. How to Get Away with Murder premiererd on ABC on Thursday, September 25 at 10/9c! 

So these next two aren't new series but are two of my all time favorite shows and also have to do with crime. As you can tell I'm really into crime shows. No judgement okay. Also I swear I am not a criminal or killer. 

4) Criminal Minds


This has been one of my favorite TV series of all time. A few summers ago I watched every season that was available. At that time there was 8. I watched 8 seasons of Criminal Minds in the span of like two weeks. It was intense to say the least. I also had to sleep with my bathroom light on. I love everything about this show from the characters to the stories. This season introduces a new character played by Jennifer Love Hewitt. I never liked Blake to begin with so I'm glad that she's gone. I like JLH so I'm excited to see how she does. The new season starts up Wednesday, October 1st, at 9/8c on CBS! I can't wait to watch my loves again, aka the BAU!

5) White Collar


I'm gonna be totally honest here I only started watching this show because Matt Bomer was in it and he's a freaking sex god. I soon found out that the show was actually really good and have been a White Collar fan ever since. I watched all the seasons of White Collar in a two week span too. At that time there was only 4 seasons but still quite a feat. This show has the perfect mix of comedy, romance and action. The characters are quirky and the stories are funny and really interesting. This is one of my favorite shows without a shadow of a doubt and it makes me incredibly sad to say that this season is its final season. Cue tears here. I will be a mess when the season finale airs. I am NOT ready to let go of this show or it's characters. The last first episode will air on Thursday, November 6th on the USA Network. 

6) American Horror Story


I'm SO FREAKING excited for this you don't even know. I'm an AHS fan but just know that I have only watched Asylum. I don't like supernatural or witches and such so I won't watch seasons 1 or 3. Lol. But I am soooo looking forward to this season. I have an odd fascination with things carnival/circus/freakshow-esque. I know I'm an oddball. So when I heard that this season was going to be freakshow I freaked out. Now I don't like clowns so this will be interesting to see how I deal with it but for the most part I'm super pumped. The trailer gives us a sneak peak of some of the characters and what the setting of the show will be like. If it doesn't give you goosebumps and gets your heart racing then you might wanna get that checked out. Watch it here. American Horror Story: Freak Show premiers in October. 

Now onto the movies of the fall!

1) The Theory of Everything 


I love anything related to Britain; television, people, fashion, music and movies, everything. So I love going onto Youtube and watching movie trailers. I've spent hours just watching trailer after trailer for new movies. I stumbled upon this one doing such. It looked interesting enough and BOY OH BOY. I was not prepared to get this excited about a movie. It stars Eddie Redmayne (aka Marius in Les Mis) and Felicity Jones (aka Anna in Like Crazy) as Stephen and Jane Hawking. The movie, inspired by the memoir "Travelling to Infinity: My Life with Stephen written by Jane, follows their lives when they were young, their relationship, his diagnosis and his success. I watched the trailer and knew I was going to see this in theaters. Watch it and you'll see why (click here to watch). It debuts in November and I'll be seeing it when it comes out for sure. 

2) The Riot Club


Keeping with the British trend, I stumbled upon this movie the same night I found The Theory of Everything. I clicked on it because I mean look at the sexiness that is in it. Max Irons (aka Henry in Red Riding Hood and James in the Host), Sam Clafin (aka Finnick Odair in Catching Fire) and Douglas Booth (aka Romeo in Romeo and Juliet) star as "trust fund preps" at the prestigious Oxford University in England. It's got action, drama, romance so it looks pretty good. I mean if all else fails just stare at the man candy on screen. It premiers September 19th. Check out the trailer here to see what you think! 

3) Kingsman: The Secret Service


This is another British movie, surprise, surprise that it's on my radar. Lol. This one is a spy movie starring Colin Firth. The plot is that Colin Firth's character is a veteran spy who takes a young prodigy under his wing and trains him. Okay, so the plot isn't all that original but it looks at the very least like an cute movie. Kingsman premiers February 13, 2015 and you can watch the trailer here

4) Interstellar


My friend Megan showed me the trailer for this movie and I was hooked. I'm not a huge sci-fi movie person but this movie looked suuuper interesting. Plus, Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Michael Cain are in it so it can't be that bad, right? The movie deals with a team of space travlers who travel through space through a wormhole to save humanity. Pretty epic if I do say so myself. I would definitely say if you're not a sci-fi or action movie person then this movie isn't for you because basically it has to do with space and saving Earth. But you can see for yourself here! Interstellar premiers November 7th in theaters. 


So that was a lot longer than I was planning on it being.... oh well! Anyways, these are my upcoming fall TV shows and movies which I'm super excited for! Obviously there are some themes among all of them but they look like good watchs! 

Lemme know what TV shows and movies you're looking forward to this fall and if you'll watch any of the ones I've listed! Maybe we can start a TV or movie club! :) 

Till next time! 




"it's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it"


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar