Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A gift to myself

I've given myself a gift. The gift of a yoga room. With both kids living away from home, I have pondered just what to do with their bedrooms. I realize that some households keep them as bedrooms; even their bedrooms, with childhood/teenage things in them. They are useful as guest rooms, and as places for the adult children to stay when they come home to visit. I'm in a bit of a different situation because both my kids live nearby: my son lives about an hour away; and my daughter is in the beginning stages of building a house on our land. Thus, I don't need these rooms for them to stay in. We don't have many guests come from away, and when they do come, we get them a room in a bed & breakfast, or rent them a house. It is just too much of a hassle because of our one dog, Sadie, who as I've noted before, likes only four people. She protects us from the rest of the world, and we cannot take a chance with the aggression she shows toward strangers. So, I have two rooms to play with.

The north room at the back of the house is now a walk-in closet. This old farmhouse is sorely lacking in closet space so this is just perfect! We have clothes racks for shirts and dresses. We have one bureau and one set of open shelves. I have a few tubs in there of baby clothes and old photographs. I also have a floor to ceiling shelving unit which holds all the photograph albums. Lastly, this is where the litter pan and cat food bowls are.

The south room is now a yoga room. Not a yoga room in which I play my yoga dvds, but a room without any television or dvd player. This space will be used for quiet yoga. The only things in the room are a small chair which holds my three yoga books, a little wooden stool for a candle, and my mat. That's it. The walls need paint and the floor needs sanding but for now it will do fine as it is. I can go in, close the door, and practice yoga in complete peace and quiet. I am so very happy about this. It's been a long time in the thinking stage, and now it is a reality.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar