Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A (thrifted) Spring Tablescape

Greetings lovely friends & readers

Welcome to Spring  - my favourite Season of the Year 💗

On the very first day of spring - right on cue - my Magnolia buds burst into bloom.  How wonderful !

Yesterday, while weeding under some shrubs, I pulled these pots of bulbs out ... I had forgotten I had shoved them under there last year when they finished blooming.
Pretty Pots of Tulips & a white Hyacinth which smells divine !!


I was cleaning out my hallway cupboard & came across a plastic bag of doilies that my friend Gail had tossed my way. In the middle of the doilies I pulled out this cross stitch, all screwed up & forlorn looking.

I decided to frame it myself & make up a little Spring Tablescape on my Vintage Singer Sewing Table, which still had its Autumn display on it.

 I have a box full of frames in various sizes & states of repair - left over from the days of running my Craft Cottage.

  
I found this one which was a good size to fit the cross stitch.  I gave the frame 2 coats of paint & then decided to add the small scroll to the top.  I gave the cross stitch a gentle iron to get all the creases out & then framed it using some double sided tape.


I was really pleased how it turned out & the frame fitted it perfectly.


These sad looking little birdhouses were in another box of junk treasures so I gave them the once over with my cream chalk paint too & then added a couple of Transfers & some dried moss.



The lace doiley I displayed on my pedestal stand was thrifted as were the lace cloths I used on the table.

I found some Tilda flowers that I had made a long time ago & displayed them in a thrifted glass bottle ... the flower plate was a thrift store find on my last trip down to Mum's. 

The wool blanket flowers were displayed in another thrifted glass milk bottle.

(I foraged a couple of birds nests)

I dug out the "Spring" Stitchery that I made in this Post  last year.


The China tureen is also a thrift store item & the other few bits were just gathered from around my house.  
Total Cost $ zero !!


And to put the finishing touch to my display ...... I picked my very first vaseful of freesias to sit in a thrifted vase.

On Wednesday I knew my friend Sandy was heading in to town so I left bags of Oranges, Lemons & some Worm tea in my letter box for her to collect on her way past.


She Very kindly left me a delicious Banana Loaf in return & I have been enjoying it with my cups of tea.

Mask Wearing has become mandatory in my Country now so I decided to make myself a couple of new ones yesterday, using up some scraps of pink floral fabrics. I also made The Mr a plain black one.


I have 2 friends with birthdays soon & I want to post them each a Garden Voucher which I am able to buy using click & collect. I made two hanging heart pockets as I love using these to gift a Voucher inside.  These are made using 
* this great tutorial * from Craft With Fee.  And I reluctantly cut into my treasured Tilda fabrics 💕

Miss Pippi - tucked away where she is NOT supposed to be !!!!! 😖

Thanks So Much for your visits here today dear friends,
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend - remember to be kind to yourselves & to each other,
With much love & friendship to you all,
Julie & the furry ones x0x0x0

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar