Happy New Year!! For the third year, Sheila at Book Journey is hosting the First Book of the Year event. The idea is simple - just share a photo of you and your first book. Sheila says:
This is the third year I am hosting this event and this year, it is all the more important to me... I would love for you to join me in this tradition of picking the book that you will be reading into the new year. It can be a coveted book that you have been waiting to read, a guilty pleasure book, a re-read of a favorite that you want to explore once again… whatever you want.This year my First Book was selected for me by our mysterious library hold system. My ebook hold of City on Fire by by Garth Risk Hallberg came in last weekend. You probably remember all the publicity the book received earlier in 2015... the author's advance was astronomical and the book is a whopping 944 pages long!
I have no hope of finishing the book before the 14-day loan period ends next weekend and may resort to airplane mode. If that doesn't work, I'd at least like to figure out whether it's worth purchasing a copy. I really hate deadlines ;-)
Have you chosen your First Book of the Year?


0 Yorumlar