Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Glory of the Lord in a Misty Fall Morning

We have been having a lot of foggy crisp mornings lately, where the fog just hovers and layers over the trees, and shrouds the view of the mountains with layers of light and mist.



I took quite a few pictures, and instead of posting them one by one, thought I would try creating a collage of some of the pictures.  The mountains here never cease to offer up amazing light, cloud and sky contrasts.



The cooler mornings have had fog hanging around a little longer in the mornings, creating lovely patterns of light and mist.



I turned down a new road (to me) on my drive that morning.


  It is always exciting to come upon a new view of exquisite beauty! 


As I drove back down to the river, tucked in its turns and bends were incredible colors, mixed with the foggy mist.


Bright fall colors jutting out into the foggy mist... "Who covereth thyself with light as with a garment"



This white bird flew overhead as I was enjoying the foggy mist.  Is it a seagull? I don't know.  Its wings looked much bigger than a sea gull.  I wondered if it was a snow goose, but I couldn't see its feet clearly to see if they were webbed.  Beautiful in the moment though! "The fowls of heaven have their habitation to sing among the branches."



A weed standing tall amidst the beautiful fall colors abounding nearby. 

Wisps of light dancing in the air reflecting mirrored images on the water. "He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth"....


Gently the sun was peeking through the mist enhancing the brilliant colors abounding ... "Oh Lord how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches."


These fall colors won't last long... and my joy was great to experience them once again this morning....  "Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters"


An empty bird nest surrounded by amazing colors of fall.


Splashes of red rose hips in stark contrast to the misty water they hung their heads over.


The glassy water reflecting colors in misty hues, as this lonely boat dock ... waits... "My meditation of Him shall be sweet"


Layers of mist hovering over the distant mountains.... "Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment"


A flock of geese fly in, breaking the silence with their loud calls.


Gently the mist is moving slowly, ever upward and beyond. "He toucheth the hills and they smoke"....


Brilliant colors of the marsh beckon me to stop, and just soak up the quiet powerful beauty and worship my dear Lord, the Creator of this moment that filled my heart with its beauty and sweet joy.



As my heart sang in praise to the Creator of this loveliness, and I put my camera down to just rest in the setting of perfect peace, the beautiful passage of scripture in Psalms 104 rose up in my heart as it seemed the very hand of God was resting on my heart.  As I thrilled in the beauty of His creation, the glory of the Lord was upon me!

The glory of the Lord shall endure forever: 
the Lord shall rejoice in his works.  
He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: 
He toucheth the hills, and they smoke.  
I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: 
I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.  
My meditation of him shall be sweet:
I will be glad in the Lord.....

Bless thou the Lord, O my soul!  Praise ye the Lord! 
Psalms 104:31-35





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar